Sunday, September 30, 2007

Inaugural Post. Can you feel the excitement?


So right now, you may be asking yourself:

"What the shit is this? Why are you blogging about Golf? Golf sucks. Blog about football. That shit rules. Go Cowboys! Woo!"

To which I would reply... well... I wouldn't reply. You're obviously inbred and/or borderline retarded. So step away from the computer, crawl back inside your box, and take a nap in your pile of popcorn styrofoam before you hurt yourself.

Now, if you had asked:

"Way to Golf? This is an interesting title. I should like to know more. Please teach me oh wise one, so that I may become as enlightened as thou art and cast off these ill-fitting robes of ignorance."

I would gladly tell you that this blog does indeed have absolutely nothing to do with Golf, per se. The title was simply derived from an experience I shared with a group of my close friends two years ago while walking down some train tracks on our way to Chicago's Southside Irish Parade. It was around nine in the morning, we were all drunk from playing flippy cup (if you call it 'canoe' I'll fucking castrate you with a pair of rusty garden sheers) to pregame, and were heading to the parade when we passed a municipal golf course. We spied some elderly gentlemen engaging in this ancient worldly passtime, and the alcohol fueling our brains told us "Well now, you know what would be a really entertaining occurrance? If one of us were to shout an off colour remark at those fine gentlemen." Which of course is exactly what happened. My friend Tom, who had the wit and spontaneity that only a 12-pack of Icehouse can bring, immediately shouted, you guessed it...

"Way to Golf!"

So as you see, this phrase has little to do with the sport itself, and everything to do with humor and stupidity, which is the focus of this, my public forum. And now that I've volunteered the information, never ever ever ask me "What does your title mean?" ever again.

I shan't pretend to think I'll update with any sort of consistency, as I tend to tire of things quite easily. In fact, I'll probably post like I fuck. At first I'll be all into it and not want to stop and feel like picking up the phone while doing it so I can brag to my friends in the middle of it all how good I am at it, but then I'll just start to get bored and distracted by the TV, and eventually I'll just give up and go to sleep while I'm still inside.

However, I will post if and when the mood strikes me, so check back often. You might get lucky. And please, do tell your friends.

1 comment:

holysmokesbecky said...

dan, your witty writing skills impress me. i enjoy random stories, as i'm sure you know. i would see it in your best interest to write more. well, mainly my best interest, purely for entertainment purposes.